hot peppermint white cocoa. To serve: Remove unwrapped candy from prep bowl and coarsely crush. Place cocoa mix into a mixing bowl. Pour into mug and top with whipped cream, if desired.
It is so decadent and delicious and would be perfect served at a Christmas party or even enjoyed while caroling. The kids especially loved this hot cocoa and were excited that candy canes were involved. This is a very simple hot chocolate and combination of peppermint and white chocolate is simply divine. You can cook hot peppermint white cocoa using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of hot peppermint white cocoa
- It’s 3/4 cup of 2percent milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white chocalote chips.
- You need 1 dash of peppermint extract.
- You need 1 of candy cane.
This hot cocoa gets it's smooth, creamy texture from being cooked with peppermint kisses. You can choose to use whole milk, reduced fat, or even fat free milk. This is a rich holiday drink, so I often use fat free. With our classic homemade hot cocoa recipe and peppermint hot chocolate being two of our most popular winter recipes on our website, many requests for a white chocolate version rolled in.
hot peppermint white cocoa step by step
- heat the milk in small saucepan until very hot but not boiling.
- in bottom of mug stir together sugar and cocoa powder. add 2 tablespoons of hot milk to make a thick paste then slowly stir in remaining milk ( it prevents lumps).
- stir in white chocalate chips and peppermint extract and put the candy cane in mug.
So today, I'm excited to share the Peppermint White Hot Cocoa version you and your family is sure to love. Peppermint White Hot Chocolate My soothing white hot chocolate is a great warm-up after a wintry day spent sledding or ice skating. Or include it as a festive addition to brunch or an afternoon tea party. The recipe for the Peppermint Hot Cocoa is down below, but I also have a cute printable recipe card for it you can find here. Maybe you can add it to your holiday recipe book!