Tres leches cake. I love Tres Leches cake but this is not the best recipe. The eggs need to be separated, and the whites beaten prior to adding them to the batter. I have done it both ways, and despite the extra work, separating the eggs is well worth the effort.
Sheet Cake desserts are a fun and easy way to make desserts to serve for a crowd and even easier to decorate! Put the egg whites in a large bowl with a pinch of salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. You can have Tres leches cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tres leches cake
- Prepare 2 cups of flour leveled.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- Prepare of Vanilla.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of Whipping cream.
- You need 1 tin of Condensed milk.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need of Red food colour for decore.
Whisk together the cake flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside. Tres Leches cake features three different dairy products that come together to create a cake that's moist, but not mushy, and dense with just the right amount of sweetness. This indulgent cake traces its origins back to South America, but you don't need to fly across the equator to try a piece. Tres Leches Cake Recipe To celebrate the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month, let's make a cake, one that's associated with birthday parties, graduations, baptisms, and all kind of celebrations.
Tres leches cake instructions
- Separate yolks and whites. Froth whites to stiff peaks..
- Take yolks add 2 cups sugar and mix it until very light in colour. Add 1tsp vanilla essence and mix. Then add in your dry ingredients and whisk well..
- Fold your stiff egg whites in gently and then pour batter in a greased mold. Then bake it for 25 mins in preheated oven..
- Take the cake out of oven after 25 min. Let it cool for 5 mins then put it back in the mold. Then poke the cake with a fork very well all over the cake..
- Add 1 tin of condensed milk and 1 cup of milk in a bowl and whish it well then add this mixture on the cake and let it soak for 2 hours in fridge..
- Then whip some cream and after 2 hours take the cake out of fridge and put the cream all over. For decore just take 1 tbsp of whipped cream and add a pinch of food colour and put it on some places in dots then with a tootpick you make swirls and tadaaaaa. Your cake is ready..
Tres leches literally means, "three milks" and tres leches cake is an ultra light sponge cake soaked in a sweet milk mixture. Tres leches cake is a popular cake in Mexico and Latin America. It really wouldn't be a Cinco de Mayo celebration this easy cake recipe! Tips for the Best Tres Leches Cake. To make clean-up a breeze, line your baking pan with foil before pouring in the cake batter.