Tres Leches Cake. Are you looking for tres leches cake recipe? Research more about tres leches cake recipe Find Deals on Tres Leche Cake in Baking Supplies on Amazon. I love Tres Leches cake but this is not the best recipe.
Tres Leches Cake is an authentic Mexican cake soaked in three kinds of milk, topped with whipped cream and cinnamon. Sheet Cake desserts are a fun and easy way to make desserts to serve for a crowd and even easier to decorate! Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. You can have Tres Leches Cake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tres Leches Cake
- Prepare of For the batter:.
- You need 2 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- You need 5 of eggs, separated.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 cup of Whole Milk.
- It’s 2 cups of Chopped Strawberries.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Prepare 1 (12 oz) of can of Evaporated Milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of Whole Milk.
- Prepare of For the whipped topping:.
- Prepare 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Powdered Sugar.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Put the egg whites in a large bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk together the cake flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside. Tres Leches cake features three different dairy products that come together to create a cake that's moist, but not mushy, and dense with just the right amount of sweetness.
Tres Leches Cake step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 inch springform pan with some non-stick spray and set aside..
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until they develop stiff peaks and remove them to a different bowl. Make sure that your bowl and whisk are completely clean and dry before whipping the eggs..
- In the same bowl cream butter and sugar together, add the egg yolks with the vanilla and mix for about a minute. Add milk followed by the flour with baking powder, salt and strawberries. Mix by hand just enough to fold your strawberries in the batter and gently fold in the egg whites until everything is well combined..
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow it to cool for about 15 minutes, remove side of the pan and place it on a deep serving plate..
- Pierce the surface of the cake with a fork. In a large measuring cup mix together condensed milk, evaporated milk and whole milk. Pour the milk mixture slowly over the cake until absorbed and refrigerate it for a couple of hours to cool completely..
- To make a whipped cream, place the mixing bowl and the whisk into the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. Add the heavy whipping cream and the sugar to the bowl and whisk until the cream reaches stiff peaks for about 6 to 7 minutes. Be careful to not overbeat..
- Frost the cake with whipped cream and garnish it with fresh strawberries and any berries of your choice. Enjoy!.
This indulgent cake traces its origins back to South America, but you don't need to fly across the equator to try a piece. Tres Leches Cake Recipe To celebrate the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month, let's make a cake, one that's associated with birthday parties, graduations, baptisms, and all kind of celebrations. Tres leches literally means, "three milks" and tres leches cake is an ultra light sponge cake soaked in a sweet milk mixture. Tres leches cake is a popular cake in Mexico and Latin America. It really wouldn't be a Cinco de Mayo celebration this easy cake recipe!