Tres Leches Cake. The BEST authentic homemade Tres Leches Cake. An ultra light cake soaked in a sweet milk mixture and topped with fresh whipped cream and cinnamon. Tres Leches Cake has a soft and ultra-moist crumb.
The eggs need to be separated, and the whites beaten prior to adding them to the batter. I have done it both ways, and despite the extra work. You'll love this light, fluffy tres leches cake SOAKED with a sweet mixture of three milks and topped with a cloud of whipped cream enriched with mascarpone. You can have Tres Leches Cake using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tres Leches Cake
- Prepare of Cake Base.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar (divided into 3/4 and 1/4 cup).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s of Cake syrup.
- It’s 12 oz of evaporated milk.
- You need 14 oz of condensed milk.
- You need of Little more than 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- Prepare of Whipped Cream Frosting.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Tres Leches Cake should also be topped with a maraschino cherry. Guys, you'll love Tres Leches Cake. Tres leches is a moist and subtly sweet cake made with sponge cake and three different kinds of milk. This Tres Leches Cake recipe is the perfect light and airy dessert and a Latin American favorite.
Tres Leches Cake step by step
- Preheat oven at 350 F. Grease the pan (Baking pan or pyrex) with butter. Keep 3 mixing bowls ready..
- Separate egg white and yolks..
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl and keep aside.
- Beat egg yolks along with 3/4 cup sugar at high speed using hand mixer until it becomes pale yellow in color. Add in milk and vanilla extract. Beat at low speed until it gets mixed..
- Add in the flour mixture and beat once at low speed, so that everything gets mixed. Keep aside..
- Clean the beater, whisk and mixing bowl and dry them well. If it is wet, egg whites cannot be beaten into desired consistency..
- Beat egg whites on high speed until you get foam consistency. Add in 1/4 cup sugar little at a time and continue to beat at high speed until you get a stiff peak..
- Add the white mixture on top of yolk mixture and gently fold in until it gets mixed well. Do not mix it vigorously..
- Transfer it to the greased pan or pyrex and bake it in the preheated oven for 20 mins..
- While it’s baking, prepare cake syrup by mixing condensed milk, evaporated milk and heavy cream. Keep it refrigerated..
- Also prepare whipped cream frosting by beating heavy cream along with sugar and vanilla extract..
- Once the cake is ready cool it and invert it. Make holes all over the cake using a fork. Slowly pour the syrup and wait for 30 mins or until the cake absorbs the syrup..
- Spread the whipped cream frosting on top of the cake. Decorate with strawberries.
At first glance, the cake seems more advanced than most, but it's not too difficult. Tres Leches cake features three different dairy products that come together to create a cake that's moist, but not mushy, and dense with just the right amount of sweetness. Tres Leches Cake a must try Mexican dessert! It's a deliciously rich and moist, milk-soaked cake that always gets compliments every time it's served. Tres Leches Cake Recipe To celebrate the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month, let's make a cake, one that's associated with birthday parties, graduations, baptisms, and all kind of celebrations.