Maple Pecan Coleslaw. Maple syrup and flavoring give an extra burst of maple in this granola with oats, pecans, and walnuts. These Maple Pecans are made with only pure maple syrup, pecans, and salt. This recipe is my version of the peanut slaw I love at Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que, a popular restaurant chain in California.
Add the coleslaw, bell pepper, scallions and chopped pecans to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Tender, buttery scones are filled with oats and pecans and finished with a sweet maple glaze. You can have Maple Pecan Coleslaw using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Maple Pecan Coleslaw
- Prepare 1/3 cup of pecans.
- It’s 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 4 cup of white cabbage (about half a small head), thinly sliced – This is super quick done in a food processor with a slicing attachment.
- You need 2 cup of carrot (about 3 medium), grated – use the processor!.
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions, sliced or red onion thinly sliced and soaked in cold water for 5 mins (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
Perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch party. These are a must try treat! In a bowl, combine the vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and oil. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
Maple Pecan Coleslaw instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Put a piece of baking parchment paper on a baking tray..
- Spread the pecans out on the baking sheet and pour the maple syrup all over.
- Cook them for 7 minutes (time it…or hope your sense of smell is good enough to detect when they're done!).
- Remove pecans from the oven and set aside..
- Combine the buttermilk and mayonnaise in a bowl or jug..
- Put the cabbage, carrot and red onion (drained and dried on kitchen paper) in a large mixing bowl. Season with white pepper..
- Serve portions either with or without a few pecans, roughly broken, on top..
Glazed Oatmeal-Maple Scones with Pecans & Currants. These delicious scones from Flour bakery are studded with pecans and currants and topped with a maple glaze. Share: Rate this Recipe Maple syrup gives this easy tangy slaw a slightly sweet lift. Apple Cider Vinegar Cole Slaw Recipes. Maple-pecan is the new fall flavor, and these recipes are the season's best yet.