Vickys Quick Banoffee Pie, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Sticky Ginger Cake (like the McVities Jamaican Ginger Cake) Recipe by [email protected] Free-From Cook Book – Cookpad. This oldie was my granny's, and she made the best pies! This banoffee is perfect for a dinner party and super easy!
It has a buttery shortbread crust that is filled with caramel flavored Dulce de If you are just discovering Banoffee Pie, you are in for a treat. This is a caramelized version of It is so easy to make. All you need is to give the ingredients a quick whirl in your food processor. You can cook Vickys Quick Banoffee Pie, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Quick Banoffee Pie, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 1 of pre-baked 8 or 9" pastry case, see my recipe for free-from shortcrust pastry link below.
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of (heaped) caster / superfine sugar.
- Prepare 2 of ripe bananas.
- You need 100 ml of (half cup minus 1 tbsp) full fat coconut milk.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1 of ripe banana.
- Prepare 300 ml of (1 & 1/4 cup) coconut cream*.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of icing / powdered sugar.
- You need of cocoa powder or shaved chocolate for garnish.
Find out how to make a banoffee pie from scratch, making your own caramel, or buy in dulce de leche for an easy version. Mary Berry does her bit to promote that British classic, the banoffee pie. A recipe for a totally crowd-pleasing dessert! Banoffee pie is an English pastry-based dessert made from bananas, cream, toffee from boiled condensed milk , either on a pastry base or one made from crumbled biscuits and butter.
Vickys Quick Banoffee Pie, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Put the sugar in an even layer into a frying pan over a medium heat. Don't stir.
- Meanwhile, put the bananas and milk into a blender and puree smooth.
- When the sugar has turned brown and caramelized, pour the banana mixture into it and stir well. The caramel will start to harden but keep stirring over the heat and it will loosen back up.
- Pour quickly into the baked pastry case and set aside to cool https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332957-vickys-sweet-savoury-shortcrust-pastry-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Whip the coconut cream until peaking with a whisk *If you chill 3 tins of full fat coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours the cream will solidify in the can. Turn them upsides down and drain off the liquid (save it for a smoothie) and scrape the cream out. 3 tins should give you enough cream if you can't buy coconut cream itself.
- Stir in the vanilla and sugar to taste.
- Once the pie filling is cooled, thinly slice the bananas and lay them over the caramel so it's completely covered.
- Spoon the cream over the top.
- Dust lightly with cocoa or shaved chocolate to garnish.
It's the easiest, quickest, most superb no-bake pie you'll ever make! Banoffee pie gets its name from a combination of toffee and bananas. For the toffee flavor I use dolce de leche. Banoffee pie is a delicious combo of banana, toffee and fresh cream that you just can't beat! Our classic banoffee pie recipe uses condensed milk to make an easy and quick caramel from scratch.