Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice. Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice This is an easier version of a Southern classic that doesn't require soaking or sorting beans. Advice from The Garden Of Good And Evil. . . Then mix in the red kidney beans, kielbasa, garlic, Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper.
I hope your enjoying your day and staying safe. Thank you for going on this journey with me and loving my crazy ass. I love from the bottom of my pea pickin heart. You can cook Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice using 30 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice
- It’s of RED BEANS AND RICE INGREDIENTS.
- You need 3 lb of Smoked Pre-Cooked Andouille Sausage.
- Prepare 2 box of 32 oz Beef Broth.
- Prepare 3 large of Chopped Onions.
- You need 3 large of Green Bell Peppers.
- It’s 2 large of Yellow Bell Peppers.
- It’s 2 large of Red Bell Peppers.
- It’s 8 large of Stalks Celery With Leaves.
- It’s 1 of Extra Large Minced Bulb Garlic.
- It’s 4 can of Drained Red Beans.
- It’s 3 can of Drained Pinto Beans.
- It’s 1 can of 8 oz Crushed Tomatoes.
- You need 3 dash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cajun Seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coarse Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Celery Seed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Sage.
- You need 3 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 6 small of Drops Liquid Smoke.
- It’s 1 large of 12 oz Bottle Tabasco.
- Prepare 4 cup of Chicken Broth [or however much fluid your rice bag calls for].
- Prepare 4 cup of White Rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Chives.
In a large Dutch oven or kettle, place all ingredients except parsley and rice. Stir occasionally, adding water as needed to make a thick gravy. Just before serving remove bay leaves and stir in parsley. Red Beans and Rice is a dish that needs a special place in your go-to recipe box.
Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice instructions
- De-thaw your pre-cooked Andouille Sausage in microwave and cut pieces at an angle 1" long. Place in oversized pot..
- Large chop all of your vegetables and put in your pot..
- Open and drain your beans and place in pot. Reserve 1 can of Pinto Beans just in case you're one to enjoy a creamy texture in your Red Beans & Rice or a thickener. Simply drain beans and smash with a potato masher and place in your oversized pot with your whole beans..
- Add enough Beef Broth to accommodate your pot mixture. Not too much though. This dish should be viscous or a bit thicker upon serving [unless you're serving dipping bread] so you may not need both boxes..
- Add all of your seasonings and a 1/2 of your extra large bottle of Tabasco. Stir and heat..
- Bring your dish to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Stir intermittently..
- Authors Note: While Crushed Tomatoes aren't indicative to this dish, we find they make an excellent accompaniment!.
- Simmer until you think your veggies are well cooked. 2+ hours usually. Continue adding your Beef Broth throughout simmering if this dish becomes too thick..
- In a separate pot, bring your Chicken Broth to a boil. Add Dried Chives and White Rice and cook as per the rice bag's directions. Chicken Broth lends a great flavor to bland rice. You can also use Uncle Bens Boil In Bag Rice. Just omit the Dried Chives and make sure to use Chicken Broth instead of water. You also have the option to place the rice directly in your oversized pot with all the other ingredients or on the side. I'll put the rice directly in my oversized pot if the dish is too thin. That step usually thickens this dish right up..
- Pull out the Bay Leaves. Also, since the flavors of spices can dissipate with long simmer times, I taste test and add usually add 1/4 + more of my Tabasco bottle, Cajun Seasoning, Italian Seasoning, Garlic and Onion Powder. In general, I'll use 10 oz + of a large 12 oz bottle of Tabasco in this dish..
- Simmer another 15 minutes and serve with dipping bread or corn bread and side bottles of Tabasco..
Red beans are also very popular in Mexican cuisine. Typical spices used with red beans include cumin, cilantro and chili powder. Mexican red beans are served over rice, in a soup with vegetables and meat or blended to make a dip. You can also add bay leaves and black pepper to red beans or hot pepper flakes to make them spicy. Red Beans: We're using Red Kidney Beans in this recipe.