Biscuits and gravy. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. Savory Scones with Goat Cheese and Chives. Biscuits and Gravy is a simple recipe buttery, flaky, homemade biscuits and a savory three-ingredient sausage gravy.
One of our favorite breakfast recipes of all time! Vegan Biscuits & Gravy made from scratch with pantry staples are the ultimate morning comfort food! Biscuits and Gravy will put you in "Breakfast Heaven." Biscuits and Gravy are not considered healthy by any means, but this is a good, hearty, stick-to-your-ribs Southern breakfast. You can cook Biscuits and gravy using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Biscuits and gravy
- It’s of (16 ounce) can refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits.
- You need 1 pound of sage flavored pork sausage.
- You need of About 5 cups 2% milk.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper, more to taste.
- Prepare of Garlic powder and onion powder.
The best sausage gravy recipe in the world. Handed down in my family for over a hundred years. Bacon Grease Bob Evans sausage Self rising flour Milk Salt. What's not to love about freshly baked biscuits topped with a luxurious cream sauce?
Biscuits and gravy step by step
- Preheat a 4-quart saucepan over medium high heat (put a few drops of water in the pan – when they evaporate, you know the pan is ready). Crumble the sausage into the pan and let it brown for a minute or two, then turn down to medium heat. Continue cooking, breaking up the sausage into smaller pieces, until no pink remains..
- Sprinkle the flour over the sausage. Stir in the flour and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until the mixture starts bubbling and turns slightly golden brown..
- Stir in the seasonings. I used salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder..
- Slowly add the milk and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened (about 15 minutes). Be patient, it will thicken!.
- While gravy is thickening up prepare the biscuits. Follow the instructions on the back of the can. You can also make your own biscuits..
- To serve, break a biscuit in half and put it in a bowl or on a plate. Spoon a generous portion of sausage gravy over the biscuit half and top with the other biscuit half..
It's certainly a treat to make for your family on the weekend for breakfast or brunch. Biscuits and sausage gravy became a distinguished dish after the American Revolutionary War during which there was a shortage of food and money. There is nothing better than biscuits and gravy and this is the perfect way to serve them to crowd. An extra thick layer of gravy with lots of black pepper makes this bake absolutely perfect. Biscuits and Gravy are a classic southern breakfast made with sausage gravy and spooned over light and fluffy buttermilk biscuits.