Quick pickled cucumber – vegan. Toss the cucumber and salt together. Then rinse and drain the cucumber. Toss the cucumber ribbons with the salt in a colander. a simple and easy pickle recipe.
Rich with probiotic benefits, ferments are so good for your gut! Looking for a quick Pickled Cucumber Recipe? So yummy you will want to double up! You can cook Quick pickled cucumber – vegan using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick pickled cucumber – vegan
- Prepare 1 of cucumber, sliced thinly.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of mirin.
- You need 2 tbsp of sesame seeds.
Pickled cucumbers are so versatile and delicious! Slice the cucumber as thin as possible (use a mandoline or other vegetable slicer if you have one). Chinese pickled cucumbers add a refreshing taste to any meal, are great as a snack all on their own, and can be ready overnight! Pickling vegetables of any kind is a great way to preserve your produce, so you can quickly add some veggies to your meal throughout the week.
Quick pickled cucumber – vegan instructions
- Toss the cucumber and salt together. Leave for 30 mins. Then rinse and drain the cucumber..
- Mix the water and mirin. Add the cucumber and sesame seeds. Make sure the cucumber is covered by the liquid..
- Keep in the fridge for at least a couple hours – or overnight before eating. Enjoy 😋.
These crunchy Japanese quick pickles are easy to make and the perfect salty, sweet and sour low calorie snack to serve before or with a meal. Pickles are one of my favorite low calorie snacks – pregnant or not – and these Japanese Quick Pickled Cucumbers do not disappoint. A quick Japanese-style rice vinegar cucumber, perfect for serving with rice or stuffed into Pork Belly Buns. Cover with a clean kitchen towel or a double layer of heavy duty paper towels, pressing down until towel is saturated with liquid and in direct. This Quick Pickled Cucumber, flavoured with dill, makes a delicious accompaniment to serve with IKEA style Swedish Meatballs, cured fish, burgers and cold meats.