AMIEs Risotto with Sausage. Add the sausage to the rice, and stir again. Taste, and adjust seasonings with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Squeeze the lemon over the rice, and then mound the risotto on a large, warmed bowl.
Garnish by sprinkling a medium circle of cheese in the middle of the risotto and sprinkle a smaller circle of parsley on top for color. This risotto recipe stands out from others because in addition to the usual chicken broth that's used as the cooking liquid, a can of diced tomatoes and their juices join in. That means the rice absorbs that tangy, sweet tomato goodness as it cooks to result in an even more flavorful dish. You can have AMIEs Risotto with Sausage using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of AMIEs Risotto with Sausage
- It’s 4 of Italian sausages, casings removed and meat crumbled.
- Prepare 300 grams of rice (preferably Arborio or other risotto rice).
- You need 1 of sprig of fresh sage.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 45 grams of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan.
- It’s 1 liter of chicken or vegetable stock, heated.
All other risottos are just more complex variations of this white risotto. Risotto with sausages (risotto con salsiccia) is eaten throughout Italy but is It is in general a good showcase of two specialities of Italy ? risotto and charcuterie. If you are doing your own charcuterie this dish is a perfect way to use. This creamy mushroom risotto needn't take all day to make, but we give you some pointers to make sure it's the best risotto it can be.
AMIEs Risotto with Sausage step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and the sage in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the sausage and fry for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over the wine and stir until absorbed. Set aside..
- Heat the butter in a large, heavy-based sauce pan over low-medium heat. Add the onion and saute until softened. Add the rice, stirring to coat, and cook for 2 minutes, until translucent..
- Gradually add the stock, a ladle at a time, stirring constantly. Ensure almost all the liquid is absorbed before the next addition. Cook for 10 minutes and then add the sausage and its juice to the rice. Stir well and continue cooking until the rice is al dente, thats for a further 5-10 minutes. Add any additional stock if needed..
- Stir in half the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and serve topped with the remaining cheese. Share and enjoy..
I'm not sure why but I used to think of risotto as a big complicated project. Somehow I got it in my head that you absolutely must make your own stock and. This creamy Cajun style jambalaya risotto combines spicy creole flavors with the richness of classic Italian risotto. If you like the flavors of jambalaya and the creamy texture of risotto, I've got you covered! And who doesn't love a one pot meal?