Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing. Sausage and Mushroom Stuffing. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Prepare the stuffing: Add the bread to the bowl and toss with the mushroom mixture to combine. Gradually pour in the broth, tossing well as you pour to.
A tweak I prefer is to half the celery and add red cabbage for both color and depth of flavor. I never stuff the turkey as I believe it increases cooking time and really doesn't add to the stuffing's flavor. Additionally, this should always be made on It uses the best ingredients from my Wine Country heritage – wine (of course), sourdough bread, fresh herbs and wild mushrooms! You can have Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 3 of shallots, minced.
- You need 2 pints of cremini mushrooms, quartered.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh sage.
- Prepare 1 lb of italian sausage, cooked & diced.
- Prepare 8 cup of sourdough bread, cubed (1 loaf).
- It’s 4 cup of chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of freshly ground pepper.
I love cooking stuffing, aka dressing, on the side, not inside the turkey or chicken. This delicious sausage and mushroom sourdough dressing is packed with flavor, gets so crisp in the cast iron skillet and you get a lot more of it to enjoy. Dressing aka stuffing, usually plays the role of the supportive. That box stuffing is kinda delicious – but this Sausage and Sourdough stuffing is to die for!
Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a large baking dish with nonstick spray..
- Cook the vegetables: heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are lightly golden, 5-6 minutes more..
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Stir in the rosemary, sage & sausage; cook, tossing occasionally, until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl..
- Prepare the stuffing: Add the bread to the bowl and toss with the mushroom mixture to combine. Gradually pour in the broth, tossing well as you pour to ensure it coats the bread mixture evenly. Season with salt and pepper..
- Pour the stuffing into the prepared baking dish and bake until the stuffing is heating through and the top is golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Let cool slightly; serve warm..
Its packed full of flavor with mushrooms, onions, celery and turkey sausage – and o.m.g. its so delicious, not to mention really easy to whip up! Check out my video on how to make this fantastic Thanksgiving. Sourdough's tangy chewiness gives this stuffing texture, while sausage makes it hearty and mushrooms and cranberries lend an earthy sweetness. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. These sausage stuffed mushrooms are baked with a bread crumb filling.