Overnight Oatmeal Jars.
You can cook Overnight Oatmeal Jars using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Overnight Oatmeal Jars
- It’s 1/4 cup of rolled oats or quick oats.
- You need 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of greek yogurt (plain, vanilla, or honey).
- It’s 1 tsp of milled chia seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sweetener of your choice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh fruit, canned fruit, or frozen fruit.
- Prepare 1 dash of or 2 of flavoring extract or spices.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped nuts, peanut butter, or 1 tblsp peanut powder.
- It’s 1 of 12 oz mason jar with working lid & ring.
Overnight Oatmeal Jars instructions
- First make your plan! Choose your fruit, sweetener, flavor, & nuts. Choose things you think will complement one another..
- Prep your mason jar by cleaning/wiping it out. Fill the dry jar with the rolled oats, milled chia seeds, & nuts of your choice. (If you are using peanut butter – do not add yet).
- Add your sweetener. Some options to consider: sugar, brown sugar, steevia powder, maple syrup, molasses, agave, cane syrup. (I like steevia personally for most combinations & it saves me some calories).
- Prep your fruit. Chop up larger pieces into bit sized bits. If using fresh berries or grapes, cut in half so the flavors are released into the oatmeal. Drain canned fruit or slightly thaw frozen. Add to jar..
- Add Greek yogurt..
- Measure out milk. Add any flavor extracts or spices being used to the milk & stir. If using peanut butter, add to milk now & gently whisk until it is thinned out. Add to jar & stir to combine all ingredients..
- Place lid & ring on jar. Put into the refrigerator & chill overnight, or for at least 4 hours. Will last for upto four or five days. So you can make ahead for the week. Eat directly from the jar!.
- These are super versitile, but you might be overwhelmed by all the options. So here are a few of my favorite combos to get your ideas going: *Kiwi, blueberry, & almond – using almond extract. (Pictured) *Canned mandarin orange with cinnamon, walnut, & vanilla. *Peanut butter & red grapes. Roasted pumpkin, pecan, pumpkin spice & brown sugar. Get creative!.