Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta. This creamy ziti pasta dinner is packed with andouille sausages and mushrooms. The trick is in using evaporated milk instead. The Best Orecchiette Pasta Recipes on Yummly
A delicious creamy sauce made with simple ingredients from Serve it over a bed of freshly cooked pasta for easily one of the tastiest meals you'll ever make. Tips for making Chicken and Mushroom Pasta. Drain pasta and return to the pot. You can have Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta
- You need 2 ounces of egg.
- You need 2 ounces of milk.
- It’s 6 of each- 3 ounce chicken breast pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of each of salt,pepper,garlic,sage and Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 2 ounces of oil.
- Prepare 1 Pound of pasta, fresh (We used Orecchiette pasta….your choice:).
- You need 2 ounces of butter.
- It’s 2 ounces of flour.
- You need 1 quart of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of sage.
- Prepare 8 fluid ounces of heavy cream or half and half.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Crystal hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 ounces of andouille sausage, sliced.
- Prepare 4 ounces of sliced mushrooms — sliced.
- You need 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes- diced — diced or quartered.
- Prepare 4 of each scallions- whites only — finely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped — add to finish.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of scallion greens — add to finish.
If you are re-constituting dried mushrooms, boil slightly in a separate pot or pan until they have absorbed enough water to make In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. This low-carb and keto friendly dish is packed with flavor and makes a delicious dinner on a salad, pasta or rice! Creamy chicken has become my ultimate weeknight dinner served over rice. You had me at mushroom cream sauce Sauce was a little too thin but it was full of flavor and richness.
Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta step by step
- Cook off the pasta per the directions and set aside..
- Mix the egg and milk together to make an egg wash..
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash and coat with the seasoned flour..
- Place the 2 ounces of oil in a large saute pan and brown the chicken take out and reserve for later..
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour and cook to make a blond roux 3 minutes on moderate heat..
- Gradually add the stock to the roux, stirring constantly with a whisk to prevent lumps..
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the cream the Crystal hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce..
- Simmer approximately 20 minutes..
- Saute sliced andouille sausage,mushrooms, finely dice scallions and garlic for 2 minutes then add the diced tomatoes and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Season with thyme,sage salt, pepper..
- Add the chicken and the sauce to the sauteed ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. adjust seasonings as desired..
- Take out the chicken and toss the pasta with the sauce and the parsley and scallion greens..
I served the chicken over steamed carrots with rice. They didn't have shitake mushrooms so I used crimini but it was still good. Served with pasta and green beans to round out a tasty dinner. The secret to a good cream sauce is always the same: not too much cream or it can be overpowering, masking the more delicate flavors. Here it contains a bountiful amount of mushrooms and is served over chicken breasts.