Sausage Balls. To prevent sticking, move the balls with a spatula halfway through cooking. To make the dip, combine the mayonnaise and mustard. In a large bowl, mix together pork sausage, Bisquick, cheddar, parsley, and paprika until combined and season with salt and pepper.
These sausage balls are the kind of food that one should start baking in the winter, rich, decadent comforting carb loaded goodness. I like a good recipe that a) uses only one bowl and b) fits onto one. Place the balls on the baking sheet. You can cook Sausage Balls using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage Balls
- You need 1 lb of sage sausage.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of baking mix (such as Bisquick).
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
To prevent sticking, move the balls with a spatula halfway through cooking. To make the dip, combine mustard and mayonnaise. The handy shortcut ingredient for making these appetizer superstars is Original Bisquick™ mix, which ensures a perfect dough every time. It's no surprise that Southerners love easy-to-make finger foods , and these sausage balls combine some of our favorite ingredients into one crave-worthy cuisine.
Sausage Balls step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Knead until all flour and cheese is incorporated into sausage.
- Roll into balls (slightly smaller than a golf ball) & place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 mintues (until sausage is done).
- *I like a very dense sausage ball, hence there being no liquids in the ingredients..
The recipe that I have been using for years is the original Jimmy Dean recipe. It features sausage, cheddar cheese and Bisquick mix. These biscuit mix cheesy sausage balls are always a holiday staple for both Thanksgiving and Christmas as an appetizer. It uses only three ingredients and you have a delicious snack or side dish. These bite sized bisquick sausage balls are a classic holiday appetizer that often make an appearance as a football food in my house.