Tricia's Homemade Turkey Sausage. Mix all ingredients together in covered dish and refrigerate overnight. Homemade turkey sausage flavored with sage, marjoram, and a bit of red pepper with no preservatives. Freeze individually to store and cook throughout the week.
I haven't purchased turkey breakfast sausage since I've started making this recipe. Chances are, you'll want to triple the recipe to always have fresh, homemade turkey breakfast sausage patties ready to go. Making your own turkey sausage gives you the flavors you want and you know exactly what is going into your food. You can cook Tricia's Homemade Turkey Sausage using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tricia's Homemade Turkey Sausage
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of Ground Sage.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Dried Basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Fennel Seed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dry Mustard.
- You need 1 dash of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 dash of Allspice.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbls of maple syrup (optional).
Such an easy recipe for homemade turkey sausage! Making food from scratch has always intrigued me because I like to know what is in my food. Preparing homemade turkey sausage gives you more control of how much fat and what seasonings go into your sausage. CFC Homemade Healthier Turkey "Sausage" Recipe.
Tricia's Homemade Turkey Sausage step by step
- Mix all ingredients together in covered dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Form into small patties.
- Cook on Medium heat until brown and cooked through.
I've included a short video for this recipe because I think it helps to see how truly simple it can be to make your own sausage at home, rather than paying a premium for it at the store. Homemade turkey sausage is quick and easy to make! Ground turkey is mixed with spices for a delicious addition to breakfast and more! Make your own Italian sausage at home with this homemade italian sausage seasoning recipe. Add these savory spices to turkey, pork or beef.