Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones. These vegan apple cinnamon scones were created in partnership with Ontario Apple Growers. Cure yourself of the winter blues with this tasty treat, fresh from the oven! How to make Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones with step photos.
Lower fat delicious Apple Pie Scones. Special Diet Notes: Apple Cinnamon Vegan Scones. By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan For gluten-free vegan scones, you can trial your favorite gluten-free flour blend. You can cook Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones
- It’s 2 cups of bread flour.
- Prepare 1.5 tablespoons of baking powder.
- Prepare .5 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar in the raw.
- Prepare .5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of quick oats.
- Prepare 8 ounces of margarine (1 stick).
- It’s 1/2 of granny smith apple.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of almond milk.
If you opt to use a gluten-free flour blend that doesn't contain any. The perfect combo, apples and cinnamon, baked to deliciousness in these vegan gluten free scones. So here we are, in fall paradise, with apple cinnamon vegan gluten free scones. Drizzled with cinnamon glaze you won't be able to resist!
Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones step by step
- Core, peel and chop apple.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, salt, and oats in a bowl. Mix together..
- Add margarine..
- Break up margarine into the dry ingredient until there are no large lumps of margarine remaining..
- Add apple and raisins and mix together..
- Add milk and mix until incorporated. This will be a wetter dough than the typical scone..
- Put some flour on a flat surface..
- Place dough onto flour and sprinkle top of dough with more flour..
- Using your hands, rotate and pat the sides of the dough until you have formed a column. Have some flour to the side to go back for more on your hands, you will need it..
- Lift up the column and sprinkle more flour on your surface. Flatten the column into a disc, pat the sides and rotate as you need to make a circle.
- Cut the circle in half.
- Cut the half circle into three pieces.
- Repeat with the other half.
- Place on parchment lined, or slightly greased cookie sheet. (Use the wrapper off the stick of margarine. This is perfect for that.).
- Bake at 350F 25-35 minutes until done. Ovens vary, being off-grid it takes mine 40 minutes. See my French Bread recipe if you are interested in how I bake off-grid..
- Nutritional Info: Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value calories 375 Total Fat 11 g 16 % Saturated Fat 2 g 11 % Monounsaturated Fat 3 g Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g Trans Fat 2 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0 % Sodium 837 mg 35 % Potassium 103 mg 3 % Total Carbohydrate 60 g 20 % Dietary Fiber 2 g 9 % Sugars 21 g Protein 7 g 15 % Vitamin A 15 % Vitamin C 2 % Calcium 19 % Iron 13 %.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. Today's apple and cinnamon scones recipe yield ultra-thick and buttery scones with soft flakey centers. The ultimate texture and flavor combination. Cinnamon Scones Waffles Healthy Recipes Apple Vegan Breakfast Desserts Food Health Recipes.