Quick Bread. Quick bread is any bread leavened with leavening agents other than yeast or eggs. An advantage of quick breads is their ability to be prepared quickly and reliably, without requiring the time-consuming skilled labor and the climate control needed for traditional yeast breads. All the best quick breads, including banana bread, zucchini bread, pumpkin bread, and cornbread recipes.
These easy quick bread recipes use simple ingredients like bananas, coconut, pecans and shredded zucchini to add extra flavor and texture. This simple bread is especially good with soups and stews, but slices are also tasty alongside fresh, green salads. The herbs make it a flavorful treat any time of the year. You can have Quick Bread using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Bread
- Prepare 2 cup of gluten free flour.
- You need 2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground flax seed (combined with 3 tbs hot water).
- It’s 2 cup of hot water.
These quick bread recipes are leavened with baking powder or soda. But also our favorite muffins, cornbread, biscuits, and more. However the first quick breads came about, I am grateful. When else do we get to essentially dump ingredients in a bowl, stir, bake, and then be rewarded for our minimal efforts with a warm golden loaf.
Quick Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 500°F and preheat baking pan. Combine 2 cups gluten free flour with cream of tartar and baking soda..
- Finely grind flax seed..
- Combine flax with 3 Tbs hot water..
- With the bread hook on low, slowly mix in the 2 cups of hot water and flax seed mixture..
- Once a slightly sticky dough has formed remove from mixer..
- Roll dough into a ball on (gluten free) floured surface..
- Break and roll into four ball pieces and use a roller to flatten. The dough will be delicate and light..
- Put on preheated baking pan and place on bottom rack. Should rise (not quite doubling in thickness, but able to slice in two for sandwiches) and brown within 10 minutes..
- Remove immediately. Allow to cool..
- Slice in half to make sandwiches. Brushed with olive oil and sprinkled sea salt, will add herbs next time as well. Tasty!.
Quick breads don't require yeast for leavening, meaning you won't need to wait for the yeast to bloom or the dough to rest. We're talking banana bread, muffins, scones, soda bread, cornbread and even. These easy quick bread recipes are leavened with baking soda or baking powder, so they rise quickly when compared to traditional yeast breads with long rise times. Because quick breads are made without yeast, they can go into the oven immediately. This quick process is where quick breads get their name in contrast to the long fermentation time needed with.