Quick and Light Tomato Pasta. Prepare the vegetables and bring a pan of water to the boil. Fry off the onion in a medium high heated skillet. Who doesn't love a simple tomato pasta?
A quick, easy, and delicious chicken and tomato pasta dish with mushrooms and black olives. It's perfect for hectic weeknights and makes great lunch It's lighter than your normal pasta with sauce and surprisingly flavorful with the little amount of seasoning. Next time I will toss in some fresh garlic. You can cook Quick and Light Tomato Pasta using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick and Light Tomato Pasta
- You need 250 grams of whole wheat pasta.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 of sea salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of chipotle sauce.
Think of this as a lighter, fresher take on chicken Parmesan: We ditch the breading on the poultry and let juicy cherry tomatoes stand in. A little grated carrot adds just enough sweetness to round out the acidity in the tomatoes. Mini balls of fresh mozzarella, also called ciliegine, melt just enough in the. Buy tomatoes while they're cheap this summer and you'll be enjoying your bounty all winter long in soups and stews with this homemade tomato paste.
Quick and Light Tomato Pasta step by step
- Prepare the vegetables and bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Fry off the onion in a medium high heated skillet. Then add in the bell pepper and finally the tomatoes.
- Salt the veggies and add the paprika..
- Add pepper and chipotle sauce to taste then add in the cooked pasta when the peppers are tender. Stir and serve..
Most of us know tomato paste as a pantry staple, bought in either small tin cans or (more expensively) imported tubes for easier dispensing. Tasty and quick Very quick and good. Added extra veggies – more garlic mushrooms cut up pepper – and didn't bother with the feta. I think that one can of tomatoes is not enough for a full pound of pasta. This cherry tomato pasta is perfect when you need a quick but light and refreshing meal.