My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing. A delectable stuffing/dressing made delicious with a mix of breads, caramelized onions and apples, and Italian sausage. Let's start with this dressing recipe, made with a mix of breads and a bunch of other scrumptious ingredients. Use this sausage and apple bread dressing to stuff a turkey or bake it in a separate pan.
Mother's Day Gifts Kids Can Make. Moms love nothing more than a handmade present on Mother's Day. Be the first to rate & review! You can have My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing
- You need of Apples.
- It’s 3 large of Granny Smith Apples.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of bulk/ pan sausage, we use OdemsTennessee Pride brand, mild.
- It’s of Dressing.
- You need 3/4 cup of finely chopped onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped celery.
- You need 2 large of boiled eggs.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 8 oz of dry weight, corn bread stuffing/dressing.
- You need 1 tbsp of poultry seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground sage.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of turkey broth, see recipe attached.
Sausage and Apple Dressing. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. My mother would always add an egg or two and she would not precook the onions. Add apples, onions, salt, pepper, hot water and crumbs. Add onions,. and then add apples.
My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing instructions
- The night before, peel and finely dice the apples. Put into a zip lock bag add cinnamon and sugar. Shake mixing well put into refrigerator overnight..
- The nightbefore heat pan add sausage and brown. Refrigerate till Thanksgiving Day..
- Boil the eggs and peel, refrigerate till next day..
- Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit.
- Add the onions and celery to the hot broth. To give a head start cooking. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/341240-turkey-broth-homemade.
- Mix the dressing/stuffing, broth, onions celery, boiled eggs, sage, apples, sausage, poultry seasonings and salt. Taste now before you add raw eggs. Adjust seasonings then beat eggs mix everything and put into 8×8 inch pan..
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes serve hope you enjoy!.
I'd heard about using squash in dressing, so I combined four things I love into one dish: apples, butternut squash, bacon and maple sausage! Now, it's one of the most requested dishes during the holidays. —Brenda Crouch, Ansley, Nebraska. Loaded with sausage, cranberries, apples and fresh herbs, it's the perfect addition to your holiday feast! Generally speaking, stuffing is referred to as mixture that gets stuffed inside the bird and dressing is baked in a separate baking dish. A cornbread and bread dressing, made with tart apple, hot sausage and pecans.