Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing. Making this moist bread dressing in a slow cooker is an excellent way to free up the oven for other dishes on a busy cooking day. This is an easy way to make 'extra' stuffing for a large crowd, saving stove space because it cooks in a slow cooker. Use the slow cooker for ultra-moist stuffing with crispy edges.
Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing — This sausage stuffing is super easy to make since the slow cooker does all the hard work for you! Sprinkle the parsley onto the sausage dressing and stir to combine. Remove the lid and gently stir the sausage into the stuffing. You can cook Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing
- You need 1 pound of ground Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 of (12-16 oz) bag of stuffing cubes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of dried cranberries.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of crushed rosemary.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of crushed thyme.
- You need 2 tablespoon of no/reduce salt butter, melted.
- You need 2-4 cups of reduce/no salt chicken broth.
Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Transfer to a shallow serving dish and garnish with the chopped. I grew up with my grandma always making this sausage stuffing. But the stuffing was always stuffed inside of the turkey.
Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing step by step
- Remove sausages from their casings. Heat up sausage in a skillet. As it is browning, break it up with a fork. Once browned, put it to the side..
- Spray the slow cooker or, better yet, put in a liner. You will thank me later..
- In large bowl mix the stuffing cubes with dried cranberries, sausage, ground black pepper, onion & garlic powder, poultry seasoning, ground sage, and then finally the crushed rosemary & thyme..
- Pour the butter on top, then stir together. Next, add the chicken broth until you get the moisture that you desire. For me, it took 3 cups of broth..
- Cook on low for 2- 3 hours. Check after 2 hours, then every half hour after that. Stirring as you check it out. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get it the way that I like it..
My take on the classic recipe of my. With slow cooker stuffing, you'll spend less time in the kitchen and more time making memories this holiday season. Place ingredients – including cubed French bread, chicken stock, sausage, celery and onion – into the crock. Add McCormick® rosemary and rubbed sage and let the slow cooker work its. On especially cold winter days, my family loves this with mild Italian sausage.