Vegan Sausage Patties. I've gotten multiple requests for these vegan sausage patties in the two weeks since this blog has been back up, and with good reason! Sure, you can purchase expensive uncooked vegan sausage. Ready to add a little spice to your life?
The perfect addition to any breakfast. These vegan breakfast sausage patties are healthy, oil-free, and can be made made gluten-free and soy-free. They are even toddler-approved…by a toddler who doesn't typically like beans. You can have Vegan Sausage Patties using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Sausage Patties
- It’s 1/2 cup of TVP.
- It’s 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oat or wheat bran.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground flax seeds, optional.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed sage.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of or two of cayenne, optional.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 3 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of blackstrap molasses.
- You need of oil for frying.
So here's a vegetarian "sausage" patty full of hearty and toothsome lentils, plus all the flavor we These patties start with simmering lentils with some garlic and onions. Vegan sausage patties are so good even your meatiest meat-eater friends will be fighting over the last one. Make with soy sauce, liquid smoke, vegetable protein, and maple syrup, these vegan sausage. These breakfast sausage patties are unbelievably flavorful and as scrumptious as can be.
Vegan Sausage Patties instructions
- Stir together TVP and boiling water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes..
- Add flour, bran, and dry spices; stir to incorporate..
- In a measuring cup, measure out water; add liquid smoke directly to the cup and stir (this way the smoke will be evenly distributed)..
- Add water mixture and remaining liquids to dry; mix well..
- With your hands, form mixture into ½" thick patties..
- Heat a quarter inch of oil in a cast iron pan..
- When oil is hot, fry patties for a couple of minutes on each side, until golden..
- Repeat last step with remaining batter, adding more oil each round as necessary..
- Serve hot..
Check out the full recipe with measurements and instructions here. You might want to double the recipe, though. Vegan sausage can be formed into patties and baked or pan-fried (pan-frying being our favorite) or crumbled and cooked in the pan for a quicker, less fussy option. These totally vegan seitan sausage patties are made with hearty lentils, protein-packed seitan, and flavorful spices. The perfect savory accompaniment to your vegan breakfast!