🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁. Butternut squash, Italian sausage, veggies, herbs and cheese come together in this delicious Sausage and Butternut Squash Skillet. Be sure to sharpen your knife before peeling the squash. I just used an inexpensive potato peeler to peel it, but I had to peel twice to get through the skin.
This butternut squash risotto recipe is a savory dinner that's loaded with veggies and bits of sausage, all cooked together in the slow cooker. If you haven't, you are in for a real treat. Risotto refers to an Italian method of cooking rice in broth until it's super creamy and flavorful. You can have 🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁 using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁
- Prepare 3 of sweet italian sausage, casing removed.
- You need 2.5 cups of cooked herbed rice (see notes for my quickie recipe).
- Prepare 1.5 cups of butternut squash, diced medium-small.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of mozz/white cheddar mix shredded cheese.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 leaves of sage, chopped into thin strips.
This is a great recipe, it has such great flavor! I used instant rice and it cut the cooking time down incredibly! My husband and I liked this very much but none of my kids did. Add the sausage and use a wooden spoon to break up the meat as it browns.
🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁 step by step
- In oven proof skillet, cook sausage breaking it up as you cook..
- Add the onions and garlic and let cook until onions are translucent then pour in your white wine. Cook 3-5 min.
- Add the diced butternut squash. Cook for 5-8 min or so.
- Add your herbs and salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Add the rice to the skillet and mix everything and let cook together for 3 min.
- Top the skillet with cheese and bake in 400°F for 20 min or until butternut squash is cooked through (that's why it's important its diced medium-small AND you've taken the time above to cook the squash a bit… it will finish through in the oven).
- QUICKIE RICE: in a pot bring to boil 1 cup long grain rice (or wild rice) with 1 chicken bouillon cube, dried basil, oregano and thyme..
A summer squash is stuffed with savory rice and sausage with apple and mushrooms, then baked to tenderness for a main dish that's hearty but not heavy. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the sausage, mushrooms, coriander, and salt (if needed) until the sausage is browned, about. I also tried out the new Johnsonville Flame Grilled Fully Cooked Italian Sausage, and they were very yummy in this! Mom's One Skillet Sausage and Rice. More Ways to Search: Recipe Index · Ingredients Index.