kid friendly sloppy joes. This kid friendly sloppy joe recipe is super easy to prepare, the ultimate frugal meal, and freezer friendly! It's rich and thick, savory but sweet, and oh so hearty. I am sure my kids will think back and fondly remember their time devouring these sloppy joes.
Sloppy joes are an American treasure. The sauce in this version has ketchup as a base, with cider vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. This recipe as is is very good and kid friendly! You can have kid friendly sloppy joes using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of kid friendly sloppy joes
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion,chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green pepper,chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves,minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 small of can tomato soup(10.75 oz.).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
My one year old gobbles it up. My husband and I enjoy it as well. This truly is kid friendly cuz there are no "pieces or green things" for the kids to pick out. Sloppy joes with a twist, hidden veggies for picky eaters.
kid friendly sloppy joes step by step
- brown beef in a large skillet over med.heat.cook until evenly browned,stirring until crumbled.add onion,green pepper,and garlic. cook for 5 min..
- stir in ketchup, tomato soup, vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.season w/ salt,pepper and garlic powder.let simmer for 5-10 min..
- serve over buns,and enjoy..
Your kids will devour this easy Sloppy Joe Mashed Potato Pie. This Sloppy Joe Casserole is pure comfort food. Well, here is a new recipe to add to your kid-friendly arsenal! Your kids will clamor for you to make this Sloppy Joe Pie again and again! Sloppy Joes aren't just for kids.