Cuban Picadillo. This Cuban Picadillo recipe is my family's favorite! It's really quick and easy to make, I make it a few times a month and make enough so we have leftovers which are great in tacos, stuffed peppers. This Cuban recipe is a stew made of ground beef, tomatoes and seasonings.
With a side salad and black beans. To make Picadillo soupier for serving over rice, add additional wine, chicken or beef stock. Picadillo is a Cuban-style hash made with ground meat (beef or pork or both), olives, onions and Mexican picadillo is made with raisins, jalapenos or guajillo chiles, and brown sugar known as. You can cook Cuban Picadillo using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cuban Picadillo
- It’s 1 of potato (russet).
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 6 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 can of canned tomatos.
- You need 3/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1/2 can of green olives.
- You need 1/2 cup of rasins.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
In this installment of la cocina, Jon gets help from his mom on How to Make Cuban Picadillo. — Don't forget to give this video a thumbs up and share it. Cuban-Style Picadillo is a beef hash with potatoes, raisins, and olives. Redolent of warm spices like cumin and cinnamon, it's easy to make and delicious. Cuban Picadillo is basically a sloppy joe without the bun.
Cuban Picadillo instructions
- Peel and cut potato into half inch cubes and sautee on skillet until brown and crispy. Set aside..
- Dice onion and sautee on skillet until clear..
- Dice bell pepper and add to onion mixture..
- Add crushed garlic and cook until all three are cooked. Set aside..
- Put ground beef with on skillet and cook well. Add spices and keep stirring. Once cooked, drain oil and add veggie mix..
- Add white wine and let liquid reduce..
- Add canned tomatoes with juice and let reduce again..
- Add rasins and quartered olives. Let raisins absorb some of the moisture..
- Add potatoes and serve..
But picadillo has a little more pizzazz, thanks to the Like Filipino Kaldereta, the ingredients in Cuban Picadillo are a reflection of its history. This Cuban Style Picadillo recipe consists of flavorful ground beef, spices, green olives, and raisins cooked in a delicious tomato sauce, and then served over a bed of rice. I remember the first time I tried this Cuban recipe, it was when I visited Cuba a few years ago. This Cuban picadillo is flavorful and nourishing. It's a flavorful and filling way to turn simple ground beef in a delicious.