Vickys Salted Caramels, Christmas Hamper Gift, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
You can have Vickys Salted Caramels, Christmas Hamper Gift, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Salted Caramels, Christmas Hamper Gift, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- It’s 160 ml of double cream / canned full fat coconut milk.
- You need 75 grams of caster sugar.
- Prepare 200 grams of plain dark chocolate, chopped.
- You need 200 grams of milk chocolate (I use Moo-Free brand, made from rice milk).
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt plus extra for decoration.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
Vickys Salted Caramels, Christmas Hamper Gift, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free step by step
- Heat the sugar and water in a pan, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Boil until the sugar is golden brown then carefully add the cream. Simmer and stir for a few minutes until smooth.
- Take off the heat and add the dark chocolate pieces and salt and stir in.
- Take spoonfuls of hot caramel out of the pan & put on a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- When it starts to cool work quickly to roll the caramel into balls with greased hands and place back on the lined baking tray.
- When you've rolled them all place the tray in the freezer for 30 minutes to set then remove.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a bain marie and stir smooth.
- Dip each caramel, using a toothpick inserted in the ball as a handle, then return to the cold baking tray.
- Decorate the tops with a few salt flakes and put in the fridge to set.
- These make a lovely personal gift when placed in a box with tissue paper and tied with a bow.