Vickys Baked Pears & Caramel Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Baked Pears & Caramel Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Baked Pears & Caramel Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 3 of large, ripe pears.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter/sunflower spread.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 120 mls of hot, full fat coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped pecans (optional).
Vickys Baked Pears & Caramel Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375F.
- Peel and halve the pears and remove any hard or stringy core.
- Put the pears into an ovenproof glass dish, flat sides facing up.
- Chop the butter into small pieces (I use Stork margarine in the gold foil wrapper) and sprinkle over the pears.
- Shake the sugar evenly over each.
- Bake for 30 minutes, basting often with the juices released.
- Take the pears out of the dish and keep warm.
- Either transfer the liquid from the dish into a small pan or put the dish on the stove and boil the liquid until it turns a golden colour.
- Stir in the hot milk and cook until smooth and darker in colour (if you add the milk cold it will spit at you and the temp change could crack your dish!).
- Serve each person a warm pear half with some of the caramel sauce poured over, add a scoop of ice cream and sprinkle the chopped pecans (or chocolate chips) over the top.