Vickys Coconut Milk Caramels, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Coconut Milk Caramels, GF DF EF SF NF using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Coconut Milk Caramels, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s as needed of spray sunflower oil.
- You need 470 ml of can of full fat coconut milk.
- You need 180 ml of light corn syrup / golden syrup.
- You need 350 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 180 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Vickys Coconut Milk Caramels, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Line an 8" square cake tin or glass dish with greaseproof / parchment paper. Spray the paper with oil and set aside.
- Combine the coconut milk, vanilla and syrup in a large, deep pan over a medium heat, stirring until the mixture is warm and the syrup has just dissolved into the milk. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Add the sugar and water to another pan and heat, without stirring, until the sugar has dissolved and turned a golden colour. It will take a little while, around 20 minutes maybe. A candy thermometer should read 154C / 310F.
- Quickly pour the sugar into the coconut milk. It will spit so be careful! Put the coconut milk pan back on the stove on medium-low and keep stirring to dissolve the caramel sugar into the mixture.
- Then turn the heat up to medium-high and cook, stirring continuously until the thermometer reads 115C / 240F or soft ball stage. It will bubble and rise furiously at the beginning but it will settle down a bit when the temp creeps up. Again this will take a wee while.
- Pour quickly into the cake tin and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours until set.
- Release from the tin and cut into 1" cubes. It's easiest to cut if you wet your sharp knife in the spray oil between slices.
- Wrap any extra caramels in parchment paper and store in an airtight container for up to a week.