Vickys Microwave Caramels, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Microwave Caramels, GF DF EF SF NF using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Microwave Caramels, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 300 g (240 ml) of sweetened condensed coconut milk, see my recipe or use Natures Charm brand.
- It’s 240 ml of golden syrup / light corn syrup.
- Prepare 200 g of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 200 g of white sugar.
- It’s 112 g of gold foil Stork margarine.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
Vickys Microwave Caramels, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Line an 8"x 8" square cake tin with parchment paper.
- Put all of the ingredients into a microwaveable bowl.
- Heat on high for 3 minutes, stir, then heat in 2 minute increments, stirring inbetween, until the mixture is visibly bubbling / boiling. This will take 6 – 8 minutes depending on the wattage of your oven.
- Keep it boiling and check every minutes for set, stirring well after each minute. To do this, get a cup of ice cold water and drop a teaspoon of caramel into it.
- When you are able to make a soft ball out of the chilled caramel it's ready.
- Stir well again then pour into the lined tin and let it cool at room temp. This caramel doesn't require a 24 hour set like my stovetop version. It only needs around 5 – 6 hours.
- Release and cut into squares or bars.
- Wrap each piece in parchment paper to store.