Polenta with Ground Beef. Polenta with Ground Beef RagoutBetter Homes and Gardens. Sliced polenta on the bottom and a spoonful of pesto or olive tapenade on top add a gourmet angle to this slow-simmered beef recipe. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown.
Also substituted ground bison for ground beef and added more red pepper flakes for a kick. For ground beef, keep refrigerated and use within one to two days. It can stay in its original container if the packaging hasn't been opened. You can cook Polenta with Ground Beef using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Polenta with Ground Beef
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of yellow corn meal.
- It’s 1 of cube beef boullion.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sofrito (I use frozen goya and use 1/3 cup for a decent amount of flavor).
- Prepare 1 of Tomato sauce (eyeball it. depends how soupy you want it).
Spooning this hearty beef sauce over creamy polenta is a great alternative if you're avoiding pasta or just want something a bit more rib-sticking. Photo "Polenta with ground beef" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. Polenta with ground beef – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. Beef stew is the esteemed granddaddy of stew, but it doesn't have to feel stodgy.
Polenta with Ground Beef instructions
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Then add 2 teaspoons of salt..
- While water is boiling, In a separate pan, brown the ground beef. Then drain. Add sofrito, crushed beef bullion cube, and tomato sauce. Let simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Gradually wish in the cornmeal into the boiling water then reduce heat to low. Cook until the mixture thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. (I can usually tell it's done when all the polenta comes off the pan together when I'm stirring it.) Once done, turn off the heat and add the butter letting it melt while stirring polenta..
- I usually serve the ground beef over the polenta. Enjoy!.
Next add in the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, then drain off the fat. Add in Italian seasoning and both of the tomato sauces Serve crispy polenta with a few spoonfuls of the beef and mushroom ragu over top. Sprinkle with crumbled Parmesan, pepper flakes and a few fresh basil leaves. Just after grilling the beef, place the polenta squares on the grill and. while reheating the vegetables. Cook ground beef, onion, and minced garlic.. onto serving dish.