Sugar Cookie Sparkles. A classically soft sugar cookie rolled in sparkles, aka sanding sugar sprinkles. Dutch sugar cookies (Arnhemse meisjes) are crispy with a sugary sweet crunch. These Dutch sparkling sugar cookies are easy to make, and so pretty!
If you want a more course. The BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe with an easy to make cookie frosting. These cookies don't spread, giving you defined edges! You can cook Sugar Cookie Sparkles using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sugar Cookie Sparkles
- You need 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need 2 oz. of block style cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of almond extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sanding sugar, any color you'd like.
Lots of notes for perfect cookies! Crumbs Sugar Cookie first appeared in the webisode, Jewel Sparkles' Un-Birthday Party. Adventures in Lalaloopsy Land: The Search for Pillow. These Sparkling Peppermint Sugar Cookies take basic sugar cookies and load them with crushed candy cane pieces for a yummy holiday treat fit for Santa and his elves (or just you and your family)!
Sugar Cookie Sparkles step by step
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or using a hand mixer beat the butter and cream cheese together on med-high speed until combined and smooth. Beat in the sugar until creamy, a minute or two. Then beat in the egg, vanilla extract and almond extract..
- On low speed, slowly add the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat together until it's all combined and the dough comes together. Cover the dough tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour (and up to 4 days). If chilling for longer than 3 hours, let the dough sit out for 30 or so minutes to make it easier to work with..
- Towards the end of chill time, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a few large baking trays with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Place the sanding sugar into small bowls..
- Once the dough is done chilling, roll the dough into balls and roll the balls in the sanding sugar to coat them completely. Place the coated balls onto the baking trays about 1/2 an inch apart from the others (they really won't spread too much). Use the bottom of a dry measuring cup to gently press each ball down a bit..
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until very lightly browned around the bottom. Let them cool on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days..
- Finished cookies are soft and chewy but the sugar coating gives a nice texture contrast..
Decorating sugars and sprinkles add sheen, sparkle, and texture to cookies while being super easy to use—as in they're great for the Translucent and sparkly, this is glitter in sugar form. She loves glitter, sparkles, unicorns, dress up, and she especially loves SPRINKLES (pink and purple. Pick up a jar of sanding sugar for your holiday cookies. Sanding sugars are really nothing more than course-grain sugar tinted with coloring. Sugar Cookie Sparklers Recipe (recipe creator calls them "Christmas Cookie Sparkles"): https Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe