Creamy Crockpot Chicken & Brown Rice.
You can cook Creamy Crockpot Chicken & Brown Rice using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Crockpot Chicken & Brown Rice
- It’s 7 of chicken legs (semi-thawed).
- You need 1 cup of uncooked extra long grain brown rice.
- Prepare 3 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 large of white onion.
- It’s 1 of rib celery w/ leaves ( see direction #1).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of jarred minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of celery salt.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- You need 26 oz of can cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of half n half.
- It’s 1 of paprika (see directions).
- You need 1 of packet swanson chicken flavor boost ( can use a chicken boullion).
Creamy Crockpot Chicken & Brown Rice step by step
- celery : choose a softer inner rib that's slightly yellow. I like the texture and flavor of these. ur gonna use the leaves on this as well.. now let's coook!.
- wash rice well until water runs clear. place rice and the 3 cups of water into the crockpot. add swanson flavor boost and stir. turn on high. let this get going while u prepare the rest..
- medium to thin slice the onion into half circles and place into a medium sized bowl..
- dice celery add to onion..
- now add garlic to onion, then add celery salt..
- mix in chicken soup and half n half..
- set aside..
- in the crockpot layer in a single layer over the rice your semi thawed chicken legs..
- now spread across the chicken the soup mixture so chicken is completely covered..
- now sprinkle a thin layer of paprika over the top of the soup mixture..
- place lid on crockpot and cook for two hours..
- after 2 hours stir it up. and cook an additional 2-3 hours stirring occasionally until rice is cooked through. and add salt n pepper to taste..
- pull out chicken onto a serving dish and place rice in a serving bowl. and serve!.