Ground Beef Chilaquiles. Ground Beef Chilaquiles Recipe. by Global Cookbook. You may never make hamburgers again when you see what ground beef can do in this cheesy, creamy, zesty Beef Chilaquiles recipe. Beef Chilaquiles recipe: You may never make hamburgers again when you see what ground beef can do in this cheesy, creamy, zesty Beef Chilaquiles recipe.
What Are Chilaquiles, and Why Should You Make Them? The word chilaquiles comes from the Nahuatl language, meaning chilis and greens. Yes… it was as simple as that, and was delish! You can cook Ground Beef Chilaquiles using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Chilaquiles
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of white onion.
- Prepare 1 bag of homemade corn tortilla chips or 20 corn tortillas.
- You need 1 bag of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 can of chili colorado enchillada sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- You need 1/2 packages of queso fresco.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 can of water.
Try this fresh Mexican-style recipe anytime of day between breakfast and dinner. Ground Beef Sausage and your favorite toppings make for a hearty and. Chilaquiles are basically corn tortilla pieces that are fried, cooked in salsa, and sprinkled with cheese. They are often served for breakfast with eggs and a side of beans or nopalitos.
Ground Beef Chilaquiles step by step
- the tortilla chips must be the homemade kind from like a little mexican market brand ( do not use regular tortilla chips will fall apart)..
- if your using fresh corn tortillas cut into triangles and cook in 1 cup oil till crisp drain set aside..
- cook ground beef with, salt, garlic salt, diced onion & finely diced garlic drain & set aside..
- Sauce: heat 2tbsp oil in pan add your cumin straight into oil cook for 39 seconds add in your sauce 1/2 can water cook on med heat 10minutes add in chips and ground beef carefully incorporate. Turn off pan top with cheese and place a lid on top so cheese can melt. Enjoy!!.
This healthy chilaquiles recipe calls for two ingredients and comes with a ton of protein options like Chilaquiles are traditionally fried tortilla strips simmered in a red or green tomato sauce and topped. But not having made chilaquiles before I followed the recipe faithfully (except for the cheese adding All green sauce with boiled shredded chicken all red sauce with ground beef in layers for an lasagna. Ramona's Chilaquiles Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Ground Pork, Water Chestnuts and Crispy Noodle Lettuce Cups. Top with the tortillas, then the beef, and finally sprinkle with the cheeses.