Korean Honey Butter Chicken – 허니 버터 치킨. Make your Korean dramas dreams with their amazing food come closer by this Honey Butter Chicken with my Frugal Twist. Baking powder, butter, chicken, chicken wings, cooking oil, corn oil, egg, flour, garlic, ground black pepper, honey, potato starch, pumpkin seeds, salt, soy sauce, sugar, vegetable oil. 허니버터치킨. 허니 = heoni. 버터 = beoteo. 치킨 = chikin. eo = "uh". I guarantee that this is better than most honey butter things you can find here in Korea.
Korean honey butter chicken is small pieces of crunchy sweet chicken with garlic, honey, butter flavor. No wonder so many Koreans love this taste! I developed this recipe after my trip to Korea last year, when I tasted honey butter chips there. You can have Korean Honey Butter Chicken – 허니 버터 치킨 using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Korean Honey Butter Chicken – 허니 버터 치킨
- You need 200 g of Chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare of egg white of 1 medium size egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of Potato Starch.
- It’s 500 ml of oil to fry.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 of finely chopped garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of honey.
- Prepare of roasted sesame seeds for garnish.
In bringing out this honey butter chicken recipe, we experienced a spring in our steps. One of our tried-and-true tips for preparing honey butter chicken thighs is to combine searing with baking. Serve soup with a pat of butter. Korean honey butter chicken is small pieces of crunchy sweet chicken with garlic, honey, butter flavor.
Korean Honey Butter Chicken – 허니 버터 치킨 instructions
- Mix 200g chicken with salt, freshly ground black pepper, egg white, potato starch..
- Mix the above thoroughly.
- First fry – Bone chicken (6-8 minutes) OR boneless chicken (4-5 minutes).
- Rest the chicken aerated for 1-2 minutes.
- Second Fry – 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and remove from oil.
- Medium heat – In a broad skillet, add butter and once butter melts, add garlic and fry for a minute. Then add the brown sugar, once sugar melts, immediately add the honey, give a quick mix and turn off the heat. Now add the fried chicken and mix until the sauce is thoroughly coated to the chicken. Sprinkle with Sesame seeds.
- Serve Hot as Appetizer.
- Replacements : (1)Can replace potato starch with Corn starch. (2)Bone chicken with boneless. (3) for 500g chicken add whole egg and increase the egg accordingly.
- Video link – youtube.com/watch?v=Kca7Ayl3uCY.
No wonder so many Koreans love this taste! I developed this recipe after my trip to Korea last year, when I tasted honey butter chips there. Honey Butter Chicken is our favorite weeknight dinner! Need more easy chicken recipes to keep on hand for busy nights? HONEY BUTTER CHICKEN Like this recipe?