Chicken soup (nilagang manok). Nilagang Manok is a simple Filipino chicken soup with clear broth. The term literally translates to boiled chicken. The cooking procedure is simple and straightforward.
In choosing the chicken used in this recipe, it is preferable to choose a native chicken instead of the commercial white. Nilagang Manok is a clear chicken soup loaded with vegetables and seasoned with patis or fish sauce. The chicken pieces are boiled until tender resulting in a light flavorful soup that both savory and naturally sweet from the vegetables. You can cook Chicken soup (nilagang manok) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken soup (nilagang manok)
- You need of cabbage (recycled).
- Prepare 1/4 of Chicken (1 breast chicken).
- Prepare 1 of pcsTomato.
- You need 1 pcs of Onion.
- You need 1 pcs of Potato.
- It’s 2 pcs of Garlic.
- Prepare pcs of Ginger small.
- It’s To taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Water no exactly measurements.
The simplest, easiest and beginner-friendly Chicken Nilaga you'll ever make. Pour in the water and add the chicken cube. Nilagang Manok or Boiled Chicken Soup is one of the simplest Filipino recipes by just boiling the chicken and putting all the vegetables and spices in a pot until cooked and presto! you have a. Native chicken, the kind that needs long and slow cooking, is best for making nilagang manok.
Chicken soup (nilagang manok) step by step
- Clean the vegetable at cut into regular size /cubes..
- And then boil the water with garlic ginger tomato and onion for 10 minutes before i add the chicken &potato (i put half of lemon to marinate of chicken and salt.) Cook for 25 minutes..
- After 25 minutes add pepper to taste add salt if needed. Then cabbage and chili🌶 just wait 5 minutes then finish. 😊👍..
- You can eat with rice 🍚 😋👌..
- Tell me guy if you try my ricipe.& Comment below if you like my ricepe. Thank you. ❤❤❤.
In unavailable, free range chickens is the next best thing. They are more flavorful and they yield excellent broth. If you use either of these two, you can cook the chicken in water rather than chicken broth. This video teaches you how to cook boiled chicken soup or nilagang manok. It is a Filipino chicken soup dish wherein chicken is cooked in clear broth with banana, potato, and bok choy.