Sloppy Joes. Start by browning the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the green peppers and onions. Ground beef, onion, green pepper, and ketchup are seasoned with garlic powder and sweetened with brown sugar to make this hearty meat filling.
Drain most of the fat and discard. In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. You can cook Sloppy Joes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joes
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef, browned.
- It’s 1/4 cup of barbeque sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 dash of garlic powder.
- You need 1 dash of onion powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar (i use 4, me & hubby like it sweet).
- You need 6 of hamburger buns.
Stir in remaining ingredients except buns. Adults and kids continue to love this sweet and savory sandwich, which Sarah makes with fresh ingredients. Read the full recipe after the video. A homemade Sloppy Joe recipe that's true to its name – sloppy moreish deliciousness!
Sloppy Joes instructions
- Brown meat in a pan. Drain..
- Add spices..
- Stir in barbeque sauce and ketchup. Stir til mixed and warm..
- Add brown sugar to taste..
- Serve on hamburger rolls..
These Sloppy Joes are savoury and sweet with a touch of tang. Terrific freezer friendly meal option and to scale up to make vast quantities to feed a hungry crowd. Make it a quick meal, or let it cook long and slow – you'll be rewarded with extra tender meat and extra flavour. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun. How to make the best Sloppy Joes you've ever had: Depending on the amount you're making, you need a Dutch oven, large saucepan, or big pot.