Cuban picadillo. This Cuban Picadillo recipe is my family's favorite! It's really quick and easy to make, I make it a few times a month and make enough so we have leftovers which are great in tacos, stuffed peppers. This Cuban recipe is a stew made of ground beef, tomatoes and seasonings.
With a side salad and black beans. To make Picadillo soupier for serving over rice, add additional wine, chicken or beef stock. Picadillo is a Cuban-style hash made with ground meat (beef or pork or both), olives, onions and Mexican picadillo is made with raisins, jalapenos or guajillo chiles, and brown sugar known as. You can cook Cuban picadillo using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cuban picadillo
- Prepare of ingredients.
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 8 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 2 of small white onions chopped finely.
- Prepare 2 of small green peppers chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of beefstock.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s 4 of small potatoes peeled and cubed.
- It’s 20 of pitted green olives.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of olive oil to taste.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins optional.
In this installment of la cocina, Jon gets help from his mom on How to Make Cuban Picadillo. — Don't forget to give this video a thumbs up and share it. Cuban-Style Picadillo is a beef hash with potatoes, raisins, and olives. Redolent of warm spices like cumin and cinnamon, it's easy to make and delicious. Cuban Picadillo is basically a sloppy joe without the bun.
Cuban picadillo instructions
- Add ground beef oregano cumin salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and mix.
- Saute onions peppers and garlic in oil till soft.
- Add ground beef mixture beefstock and tomato sauce and wine cook 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes cook about 15 minutes or until potatoes are done add olive and raisins if used cook till liquid is gone but meat is still moist. serve with rice or let cool use as a filler for empanadas..
But picadillo has a little more pizzazz, thanks to the Like Filipino Kaldereta, the ingredients in Cuban Picadillo are a reflection of its history. This Cuban Style Picadillo recipe consists of flavorful ground beef, spices, green olives, and raisins cooked in a delicious tomato sauce, and then served over a bed of rice. I remember the first time I tried this Cuban recipe, it was when I visited Cuba a few years ago. This Cuban picadillo is flavorful and nourishing. It's a flavorful and filling way to turn simple ground beef in a delicious.