My Fried Chicken Livers. Chicken livers are coated with garlic-flavored flour, and deep fried to a golden, crispy brown for an old-time Southern treat. My son loves chicken livers (as do I) and when he tasted these his exact words were "These are possibly the best chicken livers I have ever tasted!" Fried chicken livers can be seasoned to almost any taste. You can swap the Old Bay for a combination of roasted sesame seeds and Korean red Once cooked, fried chicken livers last in the fridge for up to two days, during which time you could simply snack on them cold with a dab of mustard.
Fried chicken livers are super healthy and tasty, so don't be a scaredy cat. The key to cooking the best chicken liver recipe is to clean and trim the. Kentucky fried chicken livers are a delicious treat. You can have My Fried Chicken Livers using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Fried Chicken Livers
- You need 1 pint of container of chicken livers.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare of Grapeseed oil or other for frying.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges.
- You need of Old Bay seasoning.
They make excellent appetizers without the gravy or make them with gravy served on top for a main dish. Dredge chicken liver in flour until totally covered. Fry livers turning often until crispy. Remove from skillet and drain. … Fried Chicken Livers, you'll need these ingredients. … Place your chicken livers in a colander and gently rinse them with cool running water. … I like to fry mine in Mama's old cast iron skillet of course.
My Fried Chicken Livers step by step
- Rinse livers in cold water and pat dry with paper towels before trimming them of visible sinew, fat, and areas of green discoloration but otherwise try keep the pieces as big as possible..
- Beat the egg with a fork until uniform then add hot sauce and mustard. Gently drop the livers in the egg wash and toss to coat. Let them marinate for up to 10 minutes while you prepare the breading..
- Mix flour, cornmeal, and the remaining spices in a shallow pan or plate so you can spread the mixture out. Lay the livers on the seasoned flour and let them sit on one side for at least 2 minutes so the coating bonds well to the egg. Gently turn them over and repeat on the other side..
- Heat half an inch of oil in a cast-iron or carbon steel pan. Fry the livers until dark golden brown before flipping, which takes about 2 or 3 minutes depending on the size of the piece. If the liver releases a lot of juice while frying on the first side, sprinkle a pinch of the dredging flour on the top to absorb the moisture and prevent splattering. Flip the livers and continue to cook until they are uniformly brown, another minute to 2 minutes..
- Drain on paper towels and dust generously with Old Bay (optional). Serve with raw red onions, lemon wedges, ranch dressing or cocktail sauce and or hot sauce..
One of my sons loves fried chicken livers and I found this recipe in a cookbook called Whistle Stop Cafe. Fried Chicken Liver is made by dredging each piece of liver in flour, then frying it in a pan with some oil. The onions are sauteed separately and are used to top the liver. You can eat this atop a toast or with some mashed potatoes. Likewise, chicken liver is high in fat and can contribute to issues of weight in your dog.