Sloppy Joes. Start by browning the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the green peppers and onions. Ground beef, onion, green pepper, and ketchup are seasoned with garlic powder and sweetened with brown sugar to make this hearty meat filling.
Drain most of the fat and discard. In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. You can have Sloppy Joes using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joes
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped green, yellow, or red pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of finly chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of spicy brown mustard.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper to taste.
Stir in remaining ingredients except buns. Years ago I used to think Sloppy Joes could only be made with packaged spice mixes. (Which I had to stop using when I developed a fatal allergy to MSG.) I was ever so glad to find this recipe in my Everyday Food. Now I have friends and family both requesting this dish. A homemade Sloppy Joe recipe that's true to its name – sloppy moreish deliciousness!
Sloppy Joes instructions
- In a skillet over medium heat, add ground beef, onion, and peppers. Once the meat is no longer pink drain off liquids..
- Stir in the garlic, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar, mix thoroughly with meat. Put it back on stove on medium low heat, let simmer for 30 minutes, stir occasionally. Season with salt and pepper..
These Sloppy Joes are savoury and sweet with a touch of tang. Terrific freezer friendly meal option and to scale up to make vast quantities to feed a hungry crowd. Make it a quick meal, or let it cook long and slow – you'll be rewarded with extra tender meat and extra flavour. Sloppy Joes II "The perfect meal for after a late night of soccer. Chef John's Sloppy Joes "We loved this!