sloppy joes. Start by browning the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the green peppers and onions. Ground beef, onion, green pepper, and ketchup are seasoned with garlic powder and sweetened with brown sugar to make this hearty meat filling.
Drain most of the fat and discard. In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. You can have sloppy joes using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of sloppy joes
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 can of tomato soup.
- You need 1/4 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- It’s 1 dozen of buns.
Stir in remaining ingredients except buns. Years ago I used to think Sloppy Joes could only be made with packaged spice mixes. (Which I had to stop using when I developed a fatal allergy to MSG.) I was ever so glad to find this recipe in my Everyday Food. Now I have friends and family both requesting this dish. Sloppy Joes II "The perfect meal for after a late night of soccer.
sloppy joes instructions
- Brown ground beef and chopped onions in a large pan.
- Add garlic powder and black pepper to beef when the beef is halfway done.
- Drain grease from the beef.
- Add remaining ingredients to the beef.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve on buns.
Chef John's Sloppy Joes "We loved this! So easy to make, and it came out perfectly! – Jody Richards. Sloppy Joe Mamas "Messy, yummy, kid-friendly perfection." – Cosmicfuzz. Most Made Today Stir to combine. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun.