Thai style pulled chicken fried rice. This Thai fried rice recipe is your go-to for make-at-home Asian food. It's made with fresh ingredients and uses "old" rice for the perfect texture. This simple, yet tasty recipe for chicken fried rice will please everyone at your table with its vibrant flavors.
Thai basil has a different flavor than that of regular basil and makes all the difference in this recipe. Reviews for: Photos of Thai Spicy Basil Chicken Fried Rice. Thai fried rice gets it's unique flavor from the fish sauce, soy sauce and chili peppers. You can cook Thai style pulled chicken fried rice using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai style pulled chicken fried rice
- It’s 500 gms of boneless chicken.
- It’s 2 bowls of cooked rice (cooled).
- Prepare 4 tsp of soya sauce.
- It’s 1 of capsicum finely chopped.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 6-7 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of spring onions finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 tsp of refined oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 2 tsp of chopped cilantro.
The jasmine rice is a must! Although here I used chicken, I've also made this with shrimp, beef or pork. Remove chicken from wok and set aside, add the eggs, pinch of salt and cook a minute or two until done. Add the bean sprouts and coriander and toss to combine.
Thai style pulled chicken fried rice instructions
- Shred the chicken into a bit longer thin slices, marinate in ginger garlic paste, half of the lemon juice, 1 tbsp pepper powder, salt, 1 tsp soya sauce.
- Shallow fry the marinated chicken and keep it aside..
- Scramble the eggs, add a pinch of salt and keep it aside..
- In a pan, add oil, fry the garlic, onions, capsicum, spring onions for five minutes. Add pepper, salt, soya sauce, sugar and cilantro and rest of the lemon juice..
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and fry for 5 minutes..
- Add rice and mix well. Garnish with spring onions and scrambled eggs. Relish it hot!.
Serve sprinkled with the fried shallots. This dish is loosely based on Thailand's ubiquitous fried rice dish, kao pad. Usually some kind of animal protein accompanies the rice — squid, crabmeat, ham, chicken, whatever the cook has on hand. But although the rice is more flavorful than plain jasmine rice, the real flavor of this dish comes from the dipping sauce. It's made from a combination of Thai peppers, ginger, and garlic in a soybean paste based And in the meantime, I hope you enjoy this Thai chicken and rice dish as much as we have!