Selma’s Lemon Rosemary Chicken. Chicken seasoned with lemon pepper, seared and cooked in a simple lemon rosemary butter sauce. I declare this Monday to be Easy Lemon Rosemary Chicken day! It starts with the humble chicken breast, just a few shakes on lemon pepper seasoning and a quick sear in a hot skillet.
You can't have too many roasted chicken recipes! In a food processor, thoroughly blend together the butter, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Juicy, tender whole roasted chicken seasoned with lemon and rosemary, always a winner in my house! You can cook Selma’s Lemon Rosemary Chicken using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Selma’s Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- Prepare 1-2 lbs of Chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 of lemons.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves (minced).
- You need of Rosemary.
- Prepare of Baby Potatoes.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Optional.
- Prepare of Onions.
- You need of Mushrooms.
We love chicken in my home, which is probably why I have so many chicken recipes on my blog! The smell of this chicken roasting in the oven is enough to fall in love! This lemon, garlic, rosemary chicken recipe also makes a mean chicken and rice soup if you have leftovers. The rosemary taste really good with the rice.
Selma’s Lemon Rosemary Chicken instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut up chicken breasts into cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut baby potatoes into half or quarters.
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Once hot, add chicken breasts and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes to pot with chicken and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once chicken is a little browned, add minced garlic, onions, mushrooms and lemon juice (1 lemon).
- Mix everything together and turn off stove.
- Sprinkle fresh rosemary (mix everything together if necessary) and then add lemons slices (1 lemon).
- Place in oven for 35 minutes.
- Serve with veggie of choice and enjoy :).
I often serve the chicken with rice or roasted potatoes and whatever kind of veggies I have on hand. Using tongs, turn chicken thighs skin side up. Lemon Rosemary Chicken is a classic dish that everyone should know how to make! Fresh lemon juice and fresh herbs add fantastic flavor to this (For extra lemony flavor, we also added some lemon wedges to the chicken while they baked.) Our oven roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken breasts. This Rosemary Lemon Chicken has become my go to dinner dish this summer.