Sloppy Joes. Start by browning the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the green peppers and onions. Ground beef, onion, green pepper, and ketchup are seasoned with garlic powder and sweetened with brown sugar to make this hearty meat filling.
Drain most of the fat and discard. Add onions, green pepper, and garlic. Stir in remaining ingredients except buns. You can have Sloppy Joes using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joes
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of bell pepper, diced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 packages of buns.
In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun. Sloppy Joes II "The perfect meal for after a late night of soccer. Chef John's Sloppy Joes "We loved this!
Sloppy Joes instructions
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat..
- Add spices, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until tender..
- Add mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar. Let simmer for 10min stirring occasionally..
- Serve on toasted buns. Add American cheese or hot sauce if desired..
So easy to make, and it came out perfectly! – Jody Richards. Sloppy Joe Mamas "Messy, yummy, kid-friendly perfection." – Cosmicfuzz. Most Made Today These are the best. Years ago I used to think Sloppy Joes could only be made with packaged spice mixes. (Which I had to stop using when I developed a fatal allergy to MSG.) I was ever so glad to find this recipe in my Everyday Food. Now I have friends and family both requesting this dish.