Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes. These slow cooker sloppy joes are made with ground beef, tomato sauce, brown sugar and spices, all cooked to savory perfection. An easy crock pot meal that's kid friendly and perfect for serving a crowd. Sloppy Joes are as nostalgic to me as just about any food, reminding me of easy dinners with dad, complete with folding TV dinner tables and M*A*S*H on the screen.
For an easy and family-friendly dinner skip the canned sauce and make these delicious homemade Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes! Sloppy joes are easy to prepare and budget-friendly. This is our A+ recipe–just like the one's your mom used to make. You can have Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- It’s of Skillet.
- It’s 3 lb of ground beef or turkey.
- It’s 2 cup of onion, chopped (2 large).
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Slow Cooker.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of chopped sweet peppers (about 2-3 medium).
- You need 2 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 12 oz of beer.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of molasses.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cider vinegar.
- You need 1 dash of hot pepper sauce.
- Prepare 12 of buns.
- Prepare 1 of dill pickle slices (optional).
- It’s 1 slice of pickled peppers (optional).
To freeze leftover Sloppy Joe mixture, let cool. Ground beef and peppers are cooked in the Crock Pot in a quick zesty sauce for a family favorite meal that's ready when you are! Sloppy Joes has been a long time favorite. Cooking the meat for sloppy joes in the slow cooker makes for the most delicious, tender, and seasoned beef filling.
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes step by step
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onions, and garlic over medium heat until may is brown and onion are tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. (I have to do this in two steps because I need a larger skillet)..
- In a 3.5 or 4 quart slow cooker combine meat mixture, sweet peppers, celery, beer, ketchup, molasses, yellow mustard, chili powder, vinegar, and a dash of hot pepper sauce..
- Cover and cook on low-heat seeing for 6 to 8 hours on high-heat setting fire 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to soon meat mixture onto roll bottoms. If desired, add assorted toppers ( pickles, peppers, extra mustard). Personally I usually eat these open faced because they're pretty sloppy..
The ingredients and flavors have so much time to meld making for an intensified delicious flavor. Sloppy joes are the perfect game day food and this is a great recipe to make if you're. This recipe for Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes has become a favorite amongst our family and friends. I often hear, "Hey Brenda, I just made Even though this recipe for sloppy joes yields a good amount of servings, I can still make a double batch using this multi-cooker. I like to double this easy sloppy.