Barbecued Beef On Buns (Sloppy Joes). Barbecued Beef On Buns (Sloppy Joes) step by step. Loading up buns with the sloppy mixture, feeling the beefy goodness dripping down my chin as I giggled endlessly about the mess I was making – those are the memories of sloppy joes that I'm sure many of you can relate to. Of course, the sloppy joes I used to eat were made from sauce that came straight out of the can.
You can also use ground chicken or turkey too. Wraps: Hamburger buns aren't the only way to serve these delicious BBQ Sloppy Joes. Serve them in flour tortillas or lettuce wraps. You can have Barbecued Beef On Buns (Sloppy Joes) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Barbecued Beef On Buns (Sloppy Joes)
- It’s 1 cup of Ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Prepared mustard (regular yellow).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Onion salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 8 oz of Ground beef.
- You need 4 of medium Hamburger buns.
Onions: If you have a little extra time, swap out the canned French's. Place beef, onion and celery in a Dutch oven; add water to almost cover meat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Let me state though – We are not a fan of canned sloppy joes, we love homemade sloppy joes.
Barbecued Beef On Buns (Sloppy Joes) instructions
- Brown ground beef in skillet. Drain..
- In a 2-cup microwaveable measuring cup, mix ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, onion salt, and pepper..
- Microwave uncovered on high 1 1/2 minutes; stir..
- Microwave to boiling, 1 to 2 minutes..
- Pour over ground beef, cook on medium heat until beef absorbs some of the sauce..
- Serve on hamburger buns with cole slaw (if desired)..
You miss out on so much flavor and it is actually cheaper to just make it yourself. I love this BBQ sloppy joes recipe because they are easy to make and they are very frugal. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, ketchup and mustard; bring to a boil. Chicken Bacon Ranch Sloppy Joes HOW TO MAKE LOOSE MEAT SANDWICHES.