Wifey Sloppy Joes. Step away from the canned sauce and give these homemade sloppy joes a try! They're truly the best version of a childhood favorite! This easy Sloppy Joes recipe is easy to make and taste better than sloppy joes in a can.
The Best Sloppy Joes are homemade and delicious enough for adults and kids alike! Sloppy Joes can be amazing, didn't you know? It doesn't have to be a quick, thrown together meal from a can that. You can cook Wifey Sloppy Joes using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wifey Sloppy Joes
- You need 1 can of Sloppy joe mix.
- Prepare 8 slice of Provolone cheese.
- You need 1 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped mushrooms.
- Prepare 4 of Rolls of your choice.
A Sloppy Joe recipe you'll love! I read somewhere that Sloppy Joes are a "Poor man's barbecue", and I blinked, somewhat bemused. Homemade Sloppy Joes are not only easy to throw together This homemade sloppy Joes recipe recreates much of what I love about Manwich, while taking these classic sandwiches to the next level! Homemade sloppy joes are nearly as easy as using the canned sauce, but they taste oh so much Same with tacos.
Wifey Sloppy Joes instructions
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet.
- While the beef is browning cut rolls in half and place on a non stick backing sheet.
- Place a piece of provolone cheese on each piece of bread. Pop into a preheated 350 oven and "toast" Melting on the cheese for approximately 8 minutes.
- After ground beef is browned drain grease and place back in skillet (I dump it into a strainer) salt and pepper.
- Dump in the onion.
- Dump in the mushrooms.
- Cook until the onions and mushrooms are tender.
- While the mushrooms and onions are cooking remove rolls from oven and set a side.
- After the mushrooms and onions are done Dump the sloppy joe mix on top the ground beef mixture.
- Cook on medium/low heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Place the bottom Half of the roll on a plate and scoop a generous amount of sloppy joe mix on top.
- Place the top of the rolls on top of the sloppy joe mix! Serve and eat up! :).
We could eat sloppy joes and tacos every week and no one would ever complain! Hearty Vegan Sloppy Joes made with fresh, simple ingredients, naturally sweetened, and Sloppy joes are so delicious! And I haven't had them since my mom made them for me back in high school. The Sloppy Joe mixture freezes beautifully. Just cool the saucy beef and bean mixture completely in the refrigerator first, then transfer to a zip top freezer bag or other.