Picadillo. Add ground beef and olives and continue stirring to break. Saute garlic, onion and green pepper until onions are transparent. Transfer onion mixture to a bowl and set aside.
In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, apple, raisins and seasonings; mix well. Picadillo is easily adaptable to your tastes. You can cook Picadillo using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Picadillo
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- It’s of adobo with comino.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 can of sofrito.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking wine.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 6 of green olives.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
Here are a couple of variations that we like. You can add ½ cup chopped white onion if you like. Add the onion at the same time you add the potatoes and carrots. Picadillo is a Cuban-style hash made with ground pork, ground beef, or both.
Picadillo step by step
- Add 1tbl olive oil to a pan, add meat,garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and adobo with cumin. Brown meat.
- Add rest of ingredients to the pan.
- Let it simmer for 10 mins.. serve over white rice delicious.
It's a simple, homestyle dish that relies on building layers of flavor and texture from the addition of briny green olives, capers, and raisins. This is a dish I grew up eating as a kid, and I always loved when my Mom was making it. My friends also loved eating over on nights picadillo was on the menu. I also have a Slow Cooker Picadillo, an Instant Pot Picadillo version, some great ways to use leftovers are Picadillo Empanadas made in the air fryer or Picadillo. Picadillo (Spanish pronunciation: [pikaˈðijo], "mince") is a traditional dish in many Latin American countries and the Philippines (where it is known as giniling, and also arroz a la Cubana) that is similar to hash.