Baked Chicken Drumsticks With Homemade BBQ Sauce. Baked drumsticks are smothered in a quick homemade barbeque sauce. Whisk water, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, butter, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chili powder together in a bowl; pour mixture over drumsticks. BBQ Chicken Drumsticks cooked in an easy homemade BBQ sauce and then grilled to crispy, smokey perfection!
And the other great thing- this recipe doesn't require any marinating! I used a mix of thighs and drumsticks, and I do recommend using thighs and/or legs, since dark meat is harder to overcook and almost always. BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS are the easiest way to get dinner on the table quickly! You can have Baked Chicken Drumsticks With Homemade BBQ Sauce using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Drumsticks With Homemade BBQ Sauce
- You need 4 lb of Chicken Drumsticks.
- It’s of Cooking Spray.
- It’s of ✨Homemade BBQ Sauce✨.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Butter (melted).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Chicken powder.
- You need 1/8 Cup of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Molasses.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Sweet Soy Sauce (I used this brand Bango Kecap Manis).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil (optional).
- You need of Salt – Black Pepper.
The skin crisps up in the oven, the seasoning is simple and perfect, and the chicken legs come out juicy every time! When I roast a chicken it's a sure thing that my kids are going to fight over the chicken legs. These Baked Drumsticks from Delish.com couldn't be easier! The only time we really think about eating chicken drumsticks is when we roast a whole chicken.
Baked Chicken Drumsticks With Homemade BBQ Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Make sure you spray the chicken with cooking oil every 15 minutes before you place it in the oven to keep them from getting dry..
- Clean and wash the chicken drumsticks and then dry it with kitchen paper. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Spray chicken with cooking oil then place it in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven. Flip the chicken drumsticks then continue to bake it for 15 minutes..
- While the chicken is in the oven, in a small bowl with the melted butter, add onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, chicken flavor, soy sauce, molasses, sweet soy sauce, black pepper and olive oil. Combine the BBQ sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir it well..
- After baking the chicken drumsticks for a total of 30 minutes, with a silicone brush lightly brush the drumsticks on both sides with the bbq sauce. Spray the chicken with cooking oil, then place it back in the oven and continue to bake it for 15 minutes..
- Finally, flip the drumsticks and lightly brush both sides of the drumsticks with the rest of the BBQ sauce. Then continue to bake it in the oven for 10 more minutes. Remove them from the oven and let the drumsticks rest. Serve over cooked rice. Enjoy!😉.
Skip the soy sauce and add a little extra salt and taco seasoning or go for a sweet bbq profile with bbq sauce, honey, and a little olive oil. This bbq chicken recipe isn't saucy like your typical baked barbecue chicken. The homemade bbq sauce is thin and bakes right into the chicken as it cooks. Out of all the baked BBQ chicken recipes I make, my son seems to like this one the best. Brush the tops of the chicken with BBQ.