Cheesy Bacon Sloppy Joes. We're talking gooey cheese and smoky bacon in every crevice. Oh, and did we mention there's beer? It all comes together for a decadent dinner that's just crazy enough to work.
Add cheese and barbecue sauce to the ground beef in a traditional sloppy joe mixture and serve over Texas toast for an I did not use the jalapeños but instead used crumbled bacon with jalapeños sprinkled on top of the shredded cheese. But it tastes better than canned Sloppy Joe. jagruber says Very good, easy to make. We used thin buns, as part of a low carb diet. You can cook Cheesy Bacon Sloppy Joes using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Bacon Sloppy Joes
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef (i use a 80/20 mix).
- You need 6 slice of smoked bacon.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced bell pepper (any color).
- You need 1 of jalapeño seeded and diced.
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tomato ketchup (your choice).
- You need 1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of prepared yellow mustard (your choice).
- Prepare 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 packages of shredded cheese (your choice).
- You need 4 of toasted hamburger buns.
Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes have been on my list of favorite foods ever since I was a kid. This recipe is definitely a treat for meat lovers like me. In about half an hour, I can already enjoy this cheesy meaty goodness. I usually serve the flavored beef on freshly toasted buns or sliced bread with extra.
Cheesy Bacon Sloppy Joes step by step
- Over medium heat, brown ground beef and put in colander to drain..
- While ground beef is draining, cook bacon until crisp. Leaving bacon drippings in the pan, remove bacon and set aside to drain on paper towels..
- Using same pan with bacon drippings, sauté onions jalapeño pepper, bell pepper, salt and pepper until soft. 5-7 minute's. Adding garlic during last minute or so..
- Return ground beef back to pan adding : ketchup, BBQ sauce, water, prepared yellow mustard, worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Combine well..
- Crumble up reserved bacon slices and add to mixture..
- Simmer covered over low heat 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally. If thicker sauce is desired, uncover during last 10 minutes of simmering..
- Serve on buns of your choice topping with shredded cheese. Topping ideas: pickle slices, extra bacon slices, etc .You can substitute a chipotle pepper for the jalapeño..
- Recipe doubles very easy for a larger family and freezes very well. Enjoy.
Korean Beef Sloppy Joes made with sweet and spicy flavors with a punch of garlic that's a fun change from the classic sloppy joes. Take your grilled cheese game to the next level by adding maple bacon! Sweet, sticky, smokey and extra cheesy, this truly is the ultimate grilled cheese! Give ground chicken the Sloppy Joe treatment and you'll never miss the beef. Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes Recipe : Quick, easy, ooey, gooey, messy, tasty and kid friendly cheese burgers in Sloppy Joe form!