Grandpa Style Chicken Qorma. Korma has it's roots in the Mughlai Cuisine of the Indian Subcontinent. White Chicken Korma is a creamy, yogurt based curry that's beautifully spiced yet mild enough for the whole family. Serve with steamed white rice to soak up all the delicious sauce.
Kormas are rich, special dishes that were eaten on special occasions. Chicken korma recipe with video and step by step photos – Korma is a delicious gravy usually made with onions, spices, nuts, yogurt, seeds, coconut, vegetables or meat. It originated in the Indian subcontinent during the Mughal Era & later became immensely popular across the world. You can have Grandpa Style Chicken Qorma using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grandpa Style Chicken Qorma
- It’s 800 gm of Chicken.
- It’s 500 gm of potatoes.
- You need 3-4 of Thinly sliced onions.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare As needed of Oil for cooking.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare Handful of coriander fresh coriander leaves.
There are so many ways a korma is made, most of them are adapted to the regional cuisines. by Delhi Cookbook Cook, eat & enjoy. IF YOU LIKE THIS VIDEO PLEASE DO LIKE, SUBSCRIBE & SHARE it. Recipe by: Delhi Cookbook Music by: www.
Grandpa Style Chicken Qorma step by step
- Cut potatoes in medium sized and Soak it for 30mins..
- Meanwhile marinate the chicken with Little ginger garlic paste and lime juice and keep it aside or refrigerate it for 15-20mins..
- Fry thinly slice Onions till it turns golden brown and crispy..
- Follow the same procedure with Potatoes. Fry untill golden brown.
- Now fry the marinated chicken just to get a nice coat over the skin. Do not over cook..
- In a pot add oil and sliced tomatoes cook for 5-10mins till it become mushy..
- Add in ginger garlic paste sauté for couple of minutes. Slow down the flame and add chilli powder, turmeric powder, Coriander powder and Salt. Sauté well till the oil separates from the masala..
- Add in fried potatoes followed by chicken, fried Onions, freshly Chopped coriander leaves and half a cup water. Give it a gentle stir. Let it simmer for 5-10mins, Stirring occasionally. Once done add in lemon juice to balance the flavours give it a mix and remove from the stove..
- Garnish with some Coriander leaves and crispy fried onions. Serve hot with rice or any Indian bread..
- Tips – If anyone do not want add chicken or any meat they can use vegetables. But make sure you fry them well before adding it to the gravy..
Heat the ghee and fry the onions and coconut paste till golden-brown. Add the chicken, along with the curd mixture, green chillies, and all the spices (powdered together). Cover tight and cook till the chicken is almost tender. Now add the coconut milk,and continue cooking till the gravy turns dry. Deghi Chicken Qorma And Deghi Zarda – Deghi chicken qorma recipe and deghi zarda recipe is often served at weddings and special occasions.