Pizza Sloppy Joes. Pizza Sloppy Joes Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepperoni and herbs. Nothing wrong with getting a little sloppy.
Combining pizza and sloppy joes together in one sandwich was a hit with Mr. Having the sauce simmer all day in the slow cooker gives it an amazing, robust flavor. Inspired by all the wonderful things we love about pizza – an Italian seasoned sauce, mushrooms, olives, and pepperoni topped with melted mozzarella cheese. You can have Pizza Sloppy Joes using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza Sloppy Joes
- It’s 2 pounds of ground beef.
- Prepare 6 oz of diced pepperoni.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced green pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of minced onion.
- Prepare 1 jar of marinara sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of basil.
- It’s of Shredded cheese to top.
- You need of Hamburger buns.
- It’s of Sliced black olives.
Pizza Joes are good to go! If Joes appear too'loose', leave cover off and let moisture evaporate. Cook until it's the consistency you like for serving on toasted buns, with french fries and cole slaw. Pizza Sloppy Joes are a rich and savory dish inspired by two American favorites!
Pizza Sloppy Joes instructions
- Finely minced the onion and green pepper and sauté in a bit of oil or butter..
- Add the hamburger and cook well..
- Add the pepperoni and black olives if desired.
- Drain the meat of any grease.
- Add the marinara sauce and spices. Cook for at least 10 minutes more for flavors to blend well..
- Serve on a roll and top with cheese.
Give this classic dish a twist with this easy homemade recipe! Pizza Sloppy Joes – Sloppy Joes filled with your favorite pizza toppings (pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, cheese, etc.) all piled high on a garlic bread roll. These sloppy Joes make great use of pizza ingredients such as hamburger, pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese. You can add more of your favorite pizza ingredients if you choose—sliced mushrooms. Our pizza-inspired Pizza Sloppy Joes are made with red sauce and mozzarella.